Inazip – Email Vs SMS
Medical Appointment Reminders
- As few as 20% of e-mail messages are opened.
- Over 95% of text messages are opened.
- For e-mail, customers must complete a form, either in the business or on-line. When completed in the business, forms must be manually entered or scanned into a database.
- For text, customers complete the entry from their cell phone or through a convenient toll free number. No data-entry is required.
- Average time for the recipient to view an e-mail message is 6.4 hours.
- Average time for the recipient to view a text message is 14 minutes.
- E-mail can often be viewed only when recipients are at their computer.
- Text messages are viewed any time the recipients cell phone is on.
- Average person checks personal e-mail 20 minutes a day.
- Average cell phone is on 16 hours a day.
- Coupon redemption for e-mail averages less than 1%.
- Coupon redemption for text-messaging is 10%-22%.
- Text messaging is growing at a rate more that 25 times the growth rate of e-mail.